How do you get a fabulous hairstyle for any occasion fast? Throw in an accessory! Whether you’re late for work, want to keep your hair out of your face, or just want to try something different. Use these accessories to spruce up your bun, pony, or slightly dirty hair.
Here are popular accessories:
- Large Clips
- Bobby Pins
Keep reading for some helpful tips on how to wear them.
What you need:
- Your hair accessory of choice
- Hairspray, texturizing spray, or mousse
- Dry shampoo (if necessary)
Next, the prep work.
- If your hair is straight, I suggest brushing it out. If your hair is curly from last night’s curls simply keep it that way.
- Then you should use some dry shampoo if you feel your hair is a little dirty. Dry shampoo will give your hair a clean smell and reduce oils.
- Add some product to your hair to give it some texture and volume, unless you prefer your hair very straight.
- If adding heat to your hair makes you feel better, before or after adding your accessory feel free to use a straightener or curling wand to pieces of your hair that may need it.
How to style and use an accessory…
Headbands are perfect for when your hair looks pretty good alone, but you just need a little something to spice it up. If your hair is down, you can either place the headband in the center of your head or use it to pull back all of your hair. The same goes if your hair is in a ponytail.
Head wraps are for those who want to be a little more daring. Headbands are good for those days you feel like your hair is a little dirty, simple because it hides it! Use the headwrap over your head and have it sit on top of your hair or wear it like a headband and have it pull back all your hair. Either way the wrap will look trendy and fabulous under texturized hair.
Large Clips are good for you ladies who want to have your hair up and out of the way. Pull your hair to the back of your head and this is where you can create your own style. You can either use the clip to hold together a low bun or even a french twist. If you’re one for small detail, pull some strands in the front of your face free and create an effortless, tousled look.
Bobby Pins are the simplest of accessories and can create a quick, easy style. If you want to keep your hair down, this is a style for you. With your textured or straight hair, whichever you prefer, take two sections on each side of your face, twist or braid each section and bring to the back of your head. Use bobby pins to secure both sections together in the back.
Voilà! Quick and easy hairstyles with accessories to give you a put together look in no time.