The French Manicure is the ultra chic and classic nail style that can be seen everywhere from the runway to your own two hands. This look can be dated all the way back to the 1800s when women would use home supplies like vinegar or lemon to brighten the natural whites of their nails. It wasn’t until 1970 that the style was given a trademark name. The classic and well known French manicure is known for its nude, barely there base color accompanied by white tips. New trends to this well known look are emerging and we can’t help but absolutely love them! Keep reading for some of the most popular French manicure trends.
- The Rounded Nail – The well known look for a French mani is the square tip that creates a perfect straight white tip. A hot new trend for nails are to have them rounded or “coffin shaped” and these bring a whole new look to your French manicure. It gives you a high fashion feel to your natural look and it’s a much more flattering shape for most women.
- The Colored Tip – Swap out a plain and boring white tip for black, gold, pink or red for any occasion. This look is the perfect twist on the classic look without being too outrageous.
- The Colored Base – If you’re feeling a little more adventurous, opt out of your nude base color for a pop of color. Depending on the season, you could play with either light colors or darks. For example, a beautiful combination for fall/winter would be a dark maroon nail with a black tip.
- The Pazzaz – Every woman needs a little pazzaz and fun in her life. You can never go wrong with adding some design or glitter to your nails. One of the favorite trend for nails is to put some glittery polish on each of your ring fingers to spice things up. Another good example would be a second line under the tip. This can be a different color, jewels, or even the same color.
- The “Framed” Nail – This is a trend that just came out and we can tell it is going to be big. Think your classic nude nail, with a gold tip, but also that gold outlining your cuticle. It’s hard to imagine, but this is such a fabulous look. Your nails just becomes high fashion with a few more strokes of the brush.
You never have to be bored of your plain French manicure again. The combinations to improve your nails are endless. Contact us today to make an appointment at Sublime to treat yourself to a fresh manicure.