It is prom season, so bring on the dresses, heels, makeup, and curls! Before you can start thinking about hair and makeup for the big night, your dress needs to be picked out. It is important that your hair and makeup complements your dress and gives the overall look you want.
When trying to figure out the perfect hairstyle for your dress, play around in the mirror with your hair. For example, if you have a strapless dress, you might want to have all your hair up to show your shoulders or all down. If you have one strap on the dress, you might want to pull your hair to the opposite side. Try different styles to figure out what makes you feel and look your best.
Top 5 Hair Trends in Order:
- The Messy Updo
- The Non-updo (Long Hair Worn Down, curled or sleek)
- Braids, any type of braids
- Bejeweled Updos and Styles Using Hair Accessories
Here are 3 Tips for gorgeous glam and a perfect prom night! You won’t look overdone, boring, or too much like your regular self this year.
Tip #1: Pick your eyes OR your mouth
What do people usually compliment you on? Your eyes or your lips? Pick the one complimented the most and focus on that feature while downplaying the other. If you focus on your eyes, go for a smokey eye to make your eyes pop while pairing it with a soft pink lip or gloss. If you focus on your lips, make them pop! Red is always hot for prom as well as dark pinks.
Tip #2: Perfect your skin tone
This may seem simple, but make sure your foundation matches your skin perfectly. While eyes and lips are important, you won’t feel as glamorous unless you’re comfortable with your skin. Make sure to avoid the pancake look. Only apply foundation to areas of discoloration or blemishes. Foundation is important to feeling your overall best!
Tip #3 What to bring in your purse
- Blotting papers are better than powder when it comes to getting rid of oil. Powder can sometimes leave you looking like a ghost.
- The lipstick or lip gloss you initially used because you will definitely need to reapply.
- Hairspray, to make sure your hair stays in place after dancing for hours.
- Powder foundation just in case you feel like you need a touchup.
The best beauty tip I can give you though is to smile! A smile is your own personal beauty weapon and I guarantee it will make you stand out.